March 20, 2011

Wearable

Although I love the glamour and decadence of Fashion Week, and can spend hours looking through slideshows of the high-end couture shows, I have to admit that a lot of that fashion isn't entirely wearable, for day-to-day life, for someone like me. For me, those collections and more for looking and admiring... something to dream about, and something to inspire me.

This is the reason I love street style snaps so much. Sure, they might have amazing jobs in the fashion industry, but they're still real people in real clothes. I find that the things I crave are more often items that I've seen on The Sartorialist or Altamira NYC, than things off the runway. Here are a few of my favourite street style snaps from Fashion Week:

Bruna Tenorio exits Louis Vuitton

Coco Rocha in Milan

Hailey Clauson exits Louis Vuitton

Karlie Kloss, Toni Garrn, Jourdan Dunn and Sessilee Lopez

Mirte Maas, Nimue Smit and Sara Blomqvist

Ruby Aldridge exits ChloƩ

After Valentino


After Valentino
 All photos from Altamira, except last two, which are from The Sartorialist.

You may be able to tell that I have a penchant for long skirts and oversized jackets!

4 comments:

Thanks for writing comments. We love to read them and they really make us smile :)