January 3, 2011

You know you should be glad. You just have to run now.



Soko is a french singer well known especially by youngs. She is also an actress, aka Stephanie Sokolinski. She sings in english above all. But what's most strinking in her song is her (beautiful and so funny) french accent. We, french people, can easily understand what she's singing if we listen with concentration the lyrics. Her most famous song, I'll kill her can talk to every girl. In other songs, she talks about her ex boyfriends, her shitty face, she complains everytime. I'm quite sure there's no one song from Soko which talks about joy of living. For my part, I especially love Dandy Cowboys which seems very joyful, but actually not. When I'm sad (in a bad mood ?! Can we say that ? Omg, I don't remember, indeed I'm writing this post in a trammway haha) or when it's raining (or a just bad loud weather so depressing)  I usually listen to It's raining outside (...may I come inside : a beautiful chorus). You can also listen to Shitty Day, actually very sad but so "funny" or My ex-boyfriends, or again I will never love you more, so perfect also! Waiting for your favorite songs of Soko! And by the way, you should go on her deezer page :)

Aditonnaly, listen to the french song which turns in my head everytime since saturday :
Je m'en vais- Cali.




Soko est une chanteuse française assez connue surtout chez les jeunes. C'est aussi une actrice, connue sous son vrai nom, Stéphanie Sokolinski. Elle chante surtout en anglais, meme si ce qui choque le plus, c'est son (magnifique) accent français. En tant que français, on peut la comprendre très bien si on se concentre rien qu'un peu sur ses paroles. La chanson "I'll kill her" peut parler à n'importe quelle fille. Dans ses autres chansons, elle parle de ses ex, de sa sale tete, elle se plaint tout le temps. Je suis presque sure que Soko n'a pas écrit une seule chanson sur la joie de vivre. Personnellement, j'aime beaucoup the Dandy Cowboys qui semble très joyeuse mais en fait non. Quand je suis de mauvaise humeur, quand il pleut ou simplement quand il fait lourd, j'écoute beaucoup It's raining outside (may I come inside...magnifique refrain). Vous pouvez aussi écouter Shitty Face, triste et drole à la fois, ou My ex boyfriends, ou bien entendu I will never love you more, tellement parfaite aussi !! Par la meme occasion, profitez en pour aller sur sa page myspace ou deezer !

Elodie Hope Springs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for writing comments. We love to read them and they really make us smile :)